13 November 2011

Daily Morsels-November 13, 2011

Sit Up, You're Falling Asleep--This post about kids falling asleep during devotions from Stephen Altrogge, who blogs together with his father Mark, was a great encouragement to me when I read it this morning. It has to do with his father leading him in devotions. I can relate to so much of what he writes here. And I am encouraged by the outcome.

The Mark of a Christian--Francis Schaeffer was one of the most important influences upon 20th century evangelicalism. His writings demonstrate a deep, well-developed knowledge clothed in humility. I have read his "The Mark of a Christian" several times, which deals with the twin themes of love and unity. If you are not distracted, you should be able to get through this in less than a half-hour.

No comments: