11 October 2012

Quiet Humility or Loudmouth?

I came across an article that I probably needed to read.  I pray that I am not a "loudmouth" as described in this article, though I fear that I am.  I pray God's grace continues to shape me. 

The author writes, "Part of the danger with loudmouths is they haven’t recognized that knowledge divorced from love is empty; this is why they frequently cause trouble in churches. Their ultimate concern isn’t for Christ and his church but themselves. They are more interested in having everyone know how knowledgeable they are instead of simply serving Christ in quiet humility in the knowledge that our Savior, in the end, is the only one who truly knows. While it ultimately calls for wisdom, when in doubt, keep what you know to yourself and quietly serve in the church and pray that Christ would keep you humble."

No comments: