05 October 2013

Daily Morsels--October 5, 2013

A couple of years ago, I would provide several links of interest every day in a post called "Daily Morsels". I think I am going to revive that post. Each day I come across stories of interest that I think would benefit others as well. I am sure there will be days I miss, but I will try.

Soul Walking--Sarah Clarkson wrote a piece for The Rabbit Room entitled Soul Walking. This is a beautiful piece of writing about a woman returning to her connection with God. If you are able, I would encourage you to read this piece out loud, savoring it. Here's a taste, "I glance out the window. The wind shimmers in the aspens, their crisp green leaves edged in the first gold. I glance at my windowsill, where a candle dances a jig in a green glass jar. My breath eases, my mind slows. And I remember abruptly; I know how to walk my soul home. I know what I must do to begin the journey back to that room at core of myself. I rise. No longer will I strive for deep thoughts or catch at quiet as if it were a bird flitting ever beyond my grasp."

Christian T-shirts
I have had my share of Christian t-shirts, but I think it is a good idea to be thoughtful about them. Watch to the end, if you choose to watch.



She's Somebody's Daughter

No comments: