30 December 2010

Goals for 2011

As we approach the close of 2010, I have been thinking about goals.  I am not one for resolutions; goals better capture what I am hoping to accomplish.  I had 3 primary goals for 2010.  The first goal, to read 50 books, I eclipsed.  I fell short of my second goal, to pray for my the salvation of loved ones every day.  My final goal, fasting one day a week lasted perhaps one day.

So what changes for 2011?

1) I plan to write more frequently.  I have enjoyed blogging here but have been admittedly inconsistent.  My goal is to write something at least 5 days per week. During the past year, I have come up with numerous ideas that I have not carried through.  I have also recently overtaken the editorship of a newsletter for the Society for Christian Psychology and will have ample opportunities to write for them. 

2) I want to read more broadly.  As I look at my bookshelves, I have read a lot of great works of theology and Christian living this year.  I would like to expand my horizons and read more broadly.


3) I want to yell at my kids less often.  God has been gracious to me, putting up with my grave and persistent sinning.  I should similarly respond to my kids with abundant grace.

4) I want to love God and love others more.  I'm not sure what this looks like yet.  I think Galatians 5:22-24 is a good place to start.

What are your goals, resolutions, or hopes for the new year?

*******
Addendum (it figures this would be the one I would forget): I am hoping to be more organized this year.  I have numerous great tools at my disposal--Blackberry, I-pod, I-pad, computers with great software, etc.--but I don't use them consistently.  If nothing else, I plan to at least use my calendar this year. 

No comments: