05 February 2012

Two weeks

Two weeks from today, Heather, Grace, and I make the drive to Chicago on the first leg of our trip to Haiti.  Fourteen days from now.  To bring everyone up to speed, we are adopting two beautiful siblings, Yoldine (age 7) and Vladimy (age 5). They currently live in an orphanage in Port-au-Prince.

Normally, I don't fret travel. A day before hand, I will throw some stuff in a suitcase, print off my tickets and head to the airport. I always figure, if I don't make it, no big deal. This time though, I am simultaneously nervous and excited. Nervous because this is the first time I have done any international travel (sorry Canada, you don't count). This is my first time in a 3rd world country (you don't count for that either Canada). This is Grace's first time traveling. Ian and Tessa are staying behind.  All of these things make me nervous. 

On the other hand, we get to meet our kids for the first time and that's exciting. Though we have known about them for some time, they have not known about us.  They tell the kids right before families travel. 

Pray for us as we travel. Pray for Ian and Tessa as well as the Fugates, who are staying with our kids. Pray for Yoldine and Vladimy that their hearts would be ready for us.

2 comments:

Turquoise Gates said...

We are so excited for you, praying for you, and wishing we were part of this new adventure in your lives. Congratulations to your whole family and enjoy your trip!
In His grip,
Gen

Jason Kanz said...

Thanks Gen. We appreciate the prayers. This time will probably take longer and be more emotional, if it is possible.

We have been praying for you all too and we miss you.