25 October 2016

Isaiah Sixty-One: a poem

diamonds reflect light
shining multifaceted
yet they do not change

sprouts emerge from seed
minute, but climbing skyward
branches raised in praise

once saved, always saved
a bride adorned with jewels
effulgent beauty

kept safe, yet growing
tender shoot, reaching for God
sanctified beauty

Isaiah 61:10-11
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord;
     my soul shall exult in my God,
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation;
     he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress,
     and as a bride adorns herself with jewels.
For as the earth brings forth its sprouts,
     and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up,
so the Lord will cause righteousness and praise
     to sprout up before all the nations.

No comments: