13 April 2012

Book Review: Thinking Christianly

Think Christianly (2011) by Jonathan Morrow is a mystery book for me.  This week, I received a package from Zondervan containing this book.  I am not sure if I signed up for a contest or if it was a gift.  In any case, I am deeply grateful. 

Once I discovered the contents of the package, I opened the book to the first few pages and was quickly drawn in. Morrow invites his readers to examine the culture we live in, their own worldviews, and to then step out and engage culture.  He deftly engages stories he has encountered in the media--stories many of us are familiar with--and examines them from a Christian perspective. 

Although he addresses numerous contemporary issues such as abortion, movies, evolution, and environmentalism, ultimately what his book does is equip Christians to "think Christianly" about all of these issues.  It is clear that his role is not to provide simple, thoughtless responses to these issues, but rather to help believers to go deeper by loving God and people with their heart and mind. 

I could go on gushing about this book for pages, but I will simply leave it at this--I wish I had written this book.  Morrow has hit upon many of the issues I hold dear and presented them in a winsome, attractive way.  Specifically, he teaches his readers how to develop and understand their worldview, use loving apologetics, and engage the culture at large. 

Go out and buy this book. 

No comments: