14 April 2012

Homeschooling--a road less traveled

Christianity Today features an article by Helen Lee on why their family has benefited from educating their children at home.  She provides a thoughtful, heartfelt defense of home-schooling.  She wrote, "But the most surprising result of all? By breaking away from the public-school system that we had originally been so intent on entering, we no longer follow a defined success narrative that guides the paths of so many families around us. Ultimately, I think this was what God wanted to show me by encouraging this change in our family. I no longer see "success" only resulting from following the typical life story that my generation and I were encouraged to follow: go to a good school, get good grades, go to a good college, get a good job, then get married and have kids and repeat the cycle all over again."

Read the whole thing here.  

No comments: