21 April 2012

Thank you Chuck

I am too young to remember Watergate. As a result of his involvement, however, Chuck Colson went to prison and in prison, he became a Christian.  Since then, he has developed a 35 year legacy of ministering to prisoners, reforming prisons, challenging corruption, and above all, pointing people to his Savior.  I did have the pleasure to hear him speak live one time and the effect of that short talk on me was profound. He was talking about the importance of Christian worldview and mentioned the Centurions Program he started. By coincidence, I have applied for admission to next year's class.  I also read a few of his books.  I could not put down his book called The Faith

He died today. He will be missed by those of us left behind, but he is now face to face with his savior.  If you are interested in reading further:

Remembering Chuck Colson

Tom Gilson's thoughts at The Gospel Coalition

Chuck Colson Taught Trevin Wax how to think

Ed Stetzer's thoughts

Christianity Today

He was, according to biographer Jonathan Aitken, he was America's best known evanglical after Billy Graham.

No comments: