25 April 2012

Does the Kindle Kiss Poorly?

I read this article by Aimee Byrd, "Why the Kindle is a Really Bad Kisser" this morning and I laughed out loud at several points. This is a humorous essay, in part because she is quite right about most of her Kindle experience.

She starts out, "Kindle and I had our first date this morning. What a letdown! It was the kind of date where you feel compelled to kiss and tell.

"First of all, I love real books, so I knew that Kindle was going to be inferior. I knew I would miss holding my book with a cradled bend in its pages, perfectly spooned in my hands. I knew it would be difficult to give up paper, with its glorious smells and textures. I knew that Kindle would be lacking in intimacy. But I was willing to temporarily sacrifice all that I knew for $4.99."

Read the rest here.  

No comments: