07 December 2013

Book Review: Grace--More than we deserve, greater than we imagine

I still remember one of the first "Christian" books I read.  Perhaps it was just the first one that was memorable. Max Lucado's Six Hours One Friday moved me. His writing was passionate and drew me right into the story of Christ's crucifixion. That descriptive writing has become a hallmark characteristic of Lucado's writing.

Lucado has written about a number of topics, but Grace: More than we deserve, Greater than we imagine, focuses on a common thread in his writing, which now compromises 100 books and over 80 million copies in print. 

I loved this book.  I agree with Sinclair Ferguson who said "we need to fill the world with books on grace."  This is a welcome addition.  In his typically descriptive style, he ruminates on the beauty of God's graciousness toward us.  At one point in the book, he mentioned a wall hanging reading, "Grace Practiced Here".  Indeed. 

No comments: