10 October 2010

A Saving Father

A few days ago, I had not heard from Tessa in a few minutes. It dawned on me that she and Ian had been playing in the garage together but that he was now inside. I went to the garage and found a frantic child, fearfully running to and fro. Once she spotted me, she ran to my arms, assured that I could save her. I was able to comfort her merely by embracing her.  Had I left Tessa alone in the garage, she would have been hopeless to save herself. There was nothing in her that could have freed her from the garage. She required her father to save her.

We are also hopeless to save ourselves. We need our Father to save us. Once he opens the door, we can run to Him in faith, but He is still the one who does the saving because we are absolutely powerless to do it ourselves.  Praise be to God, that He saves us even in our powerlessness. 

So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. -Romans 9:16

No comments: