31 January 2012

His words, my strength in the battle

There are some days when battling my sin seems overwhelming. I feel drained by it. Sometimes I follow the wide path, sometimes the narrow.  Yesterday was one of those days when the battle was difficult.  It's days like that I seem to particularly cherish how God's word speaks to me. Here are the verses that stood out today.
  •  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.-Mark 11:24
  • And it will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to do all this commandment before the LORD our God, as he has commanded us.’Deuteronomy 6:25
  • How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
            How long will you hide your face from me?
        How long must I take counsel in my soul
            and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
        How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
        Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
            light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
        lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
            lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
        But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
            my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
        I will sing to the LORD,
            because he has dealt bountifully with me.-Psalm 13
  • For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. You have done foolishly in this, for from now on you will have wars.”-2 Chronicles 16:9
  • Sow for yourselves righteousness;
            reap steadfast love;
            break up your fallow ground,
        for it is the time to seek the LORD,
            that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.-Hosea 10:12
  • I call to you; save me, that I may observe your testimonies.-Psalm 119:146
Daily Reading: Mark 11, Deuteronomy 6, 2 Corinthians 9, Revelation 22, Job 16, Psalm 13, Proverbs 13, 2 Chronicles 16, Hosea 10, Acts 23, Psalm 119:145-152

No comments: