29 January 2012

Our deliverer from trouble

I have been turning a couple of verses over in my mind this morning, but I haven't figured out exactly what to say about them. Proverbs 11:8 reads "The righteous is delivered from trouble, and the wicked walks into it instead." One thing to say is that I find this verse convicting today. All too often, I still find myself walking into trouble. I pretend like I don't see the dangers, but I know what they are. Sometimes, I will reflect on a situation later and then realize that I walked right into sin. Yet this verse says, "the righteous is delivered from trouble."  What does it mean to be delivered from trouble? That God provides a way out? That we are saved from our trouble? Whatever the case, I have been praying that God would continually deliver me from my sin. 

Every morning, I read a section from Psalm 119 as well.  This morning, my reading included verse 133, which reads "keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me." God is the keeper from sin. He is the deliverer from trouble. Our only hope is by calling upon him. 

Daily Reading: Mark 9, Deuteronomy 4, 2 Corinthians 8, Revelation 20, Job 14, Psalm 11, Proverbs 11, 2 Chronicles 14, Hosea 8, Acts 21, Psalm 119:129-136

No comments: