01 January 2012

Goals for 2012

The past 2 years, I have written my goals for the year. Some of them I have accomplished, some not. In 2011, my goals were: 1) to write more frequently, 2) to read more broadly, 3) to yell at my kids less often, 4) to love God and love others more, and 5) to be more organized.

I accomplished 1 and 3 as well as 5 (kind of). I think I fell down on #2.  I haven't figured out how to quantify 4--it remains an important goal, however. 

This year, I would like to continue to grow in these areas. In particular, I want to continue to push myself to write. I hope to regularly dialogue with my devotional material. 

I also plan to buy fewer books. I have many books that I haven't read and several that I want to re-read again.

I want our family to eat out less often. It is rarely a healthy choice and it is expensive. We have been using e-mealz again recently.  This program seems to help us keep on track.

More broadly, I want to reflect upon God's grace as a general focus of my life.

Happy New Year. 

No comments: